The Vietnamese-German University (VGU) is a young autonomous, research oriented, Vietnamese state university substantially financed by Germany and Vietnam. The campus of this new model university is in Binh Duong New City and by 2018 it will move to a new campus, financed by the Socialist Republic of Vietnam and a World Bank loan, in Binh Duong Province. We are striving for excellence in the fields of research and development, teaching and lifelong learning, university governance, and are heading to become a world-class institution in the South- East Asian market within the next two decades. Furthermore, VGU is designated to provide capacity building measures for the entire higher education sector in Vietnam.
To support the young and growing university administration we are looking to fill the following full-time position with a qualified and experienced candidate as soon as possible to work at the various locations of VGU in Vietnam.
Research and Teaching Assistant in Computational Engineering
Vietnamese-German University (VGU) invites applications for the position of Research and Teaching Assistant for Computational Mechanics.
The position is fixed-term, initially for two years. In case of outstanding performance the position can be extended by another two years subsequently. The successful applicant will be associated with the Computational Engineering Master Program (www.vgu.edu.vn/studies/master/compeng/), a collaborative project between VGU and Ruhr-University Bochum (compeng.ruhr-uni-bochum.de), Germany. The successful applicant is expected to support the faculty members in research and teaching in the Computational Engineering Master Program. Outstanding candidates will have the possibility to write a doctoral thesis (PhD) under the supervision from Ruhr-University Bochum and VGU.
The employee will be part of a young, ambitious team from VGU and Ruhr-University Bochum. The position is located at the Vietnamese German University in Vietnam.
• Outstanding Master degree (preferably PhD) in Engineering Mechanics, Mechatronics, Automation or related field;
• Basic knowledge of CAD, finite element method, automatic control system. Priority is given to candidates with knowledge of the intelligent control system.
• Good programming skills: C , C ++ , Matlab.
• Ability to perform computer aided measurements and build controller using Matlab, Labview ,C, etc.
• Fluent verbal and written communication skills in English.
• Programming experience with Fortran 90 and/or C/C++;
• Computational Engineering related teaching activities (35%), e.g. preparing and performing tutorial sessions, exercises, organizing classes and creating teaching materials;
• Research activities of the faculty (45%), e.g. researching the state of the art, finding gaps and creating plans for action, writing reports and proposals, doing own research, contributing to publishing papers;
• Administrative tasks (20%); e.g. organizing procurement processes, coordinating Computational Engineering lecturers, coordinating classes and module descriptions, improving website, supporting workshop, seminar and conference.
Interested candidates should submit their application (in English) that includes the following in a single PDF to VGU’s Human Resource Department at firstname.lastname@example.org
• A motivation statement (one page only);
• A complete CV;
• Copy of all academic degrees;
• Abstract of the Master thesis or, if applicable, PhD thesis (200 words);
• Proofs of English language proficiency and quantitative skills (e.g. IELTS, TOEFL or similar tests);
• And, if available, academic references.
Please include the reference number of this position when applying: 2016-AA-HP-15.