The Vietnamese German University (VGU) in Ho Chi Minh City is a young autonomous university providing excellent study programs in the fields of engineering, technology and business. VGU has an international background and cooperates with German partner Universities. We are striving for excellence in the fields of research and development, teaching and lifelong learning, university governance, and are heading to become a world-class institution in the South- East Asian market within the next two decades. Furthermore, VGU is designated to provide capacity building measures for the entire higher education sector in Vietnam. VGU is the first of four planned new model state universities in Vietnam. Our organizational and campus development is funded by a World Bank loan of approx. 180 million USD.
We are looking for staff working in Binh Duong New City in the following vacancy:
FACILITY MANAGEMENT STAFF
- Degree: 3-year college or its equivalent
- Mode of work: full time
- Salary: Negotiable
- Residence: Binh Duong, priority will be given to applicants living nearby Binh Duong New City
- Timely repair minor malfunctions when they happen
- Plan the management of VGU’s facilities, observe and supervise the use and maintenance of facilities.
- Directly manage common (inter-department) assets of VGU.
- Make suggestions for liquidation of broken, unused assets and facilites in order to save and spend economically.
- Manage assets/ facilities in classrooms, lecture halls, dorms, guest houses, public areas, etc; frequently keep them clean, close and open doors in time, thus not affecting VGU’s training and operations. Be responsible for managing the whole campus: cleaning, sewers, plants/ parks, playing grounds, etc.
- Be responsible for preventing the degradation of properties managed by VGU.
- Consult the Director(s) about the management, use and operation of the electric, water system, lifts, facilities . . . in the whole campus.
- Plan and frequently maintain the infrastructure and repair normal malfunctions of the electric, water system, public areas; ensure normal operations of the system.
- Receive and handle repair requests from staff and students.
- And some relevant tasks, say: organising events, students’ activities, etc.
- Min 3 years of experience in relevant jobs or fields. Experience in the education or hospitality sector and in working for foreign companies are a plus.
- Basic communicate skills in English is a plus.
- Qualified applicants will work full-time in Binh Duong New City. Attractive remuneration, commensurate with applicant’s ability. Qualified applicants will belong to the Department of Facilities Management and directly report to the Dept Head and/ or Vice President.
Applications are in English or Vietnamese and consist of:
- Cover letter
- Resume detailing working history
- Qualifications, certificates (copied ones)
What we offer
- The successful applicant will work on a full-time position, initially fixed for 2 years with the option to be a permanent employee if successful in that role.
- The qualification orientated, attractive salary is above sector-average.
- The successful candidate will work in the Student Affairs Department and directly report to the Departmental Head and/or Vice President. As the business area develops, further personnel will join the team. VGU is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to the principle of fairness on all issues including gender, family or special needs. Additionally VGU supports lifelong learning of its employees by means of personnel development and training.
Please send to:
Vietnamese German University
Quarter 6, Linh Trung Ward, Thu Duc District, HCM City
Tel: 08-37251901 Ext: 20
or mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org