The Vietnamese-German University (VGU) is a young autonomous, research oriented, Vietnamese state university substantially financed by Germany and Vietnam. The campus of this new model university is in Binh Duong New City and by 2018 it will move to a new campus, financed by the Socialist Republic of Vietnam and a World Bank loan, in Binh Duong Province. We are striving for excellence in the fields of research and development, teaching and lifelong learning, university governance, and are heading to become a world-class institution in the South- East Asian market within the next two decades. Furthermore, VGU is designated to provide capacity building measures for the entire higher education sector in Vietnam.
To support the young and growing university administration we are looking to fill the following full-time position with a qualified and experienced candidate as soon as possible to work at the various locations of VGU in Vietnam.
Senior Project Manager
• Manage several projects at VGU
• Check BPMN models modelled by process managers and project managers
• Track progress of projects, analyse project situation and forecast/oversee problems and report them to senior management
• Evaluate processes/ process suggestions from Process Owners
• Adjust project approach based on current situations
• Supervise 1) assigned staff and 2) project team members
• Develop trainings in several areas of consulting/ business skills
• Advise colleagues at VGU about professional project management
• Implement other duties assigned by the Presidential Board
Qualifications & Experience:
• Master in economics/ IT or related fields
• PhD is favorable
• International certification in Business Process Management
• International certification in Project Management
• Proven knowledge and understanding of traditional and agile Project Management
• Proven knowledge and understanding of Business Process Management, especially BPMN 2.0 and (e)EPC
• Proven knowledge in organizational consulting (external or inhouse)
• Knowledge in Quality Improvement and analytical tools like Six Sigma and KAIZEN
• Fluent in both oral and written English, fluently use English in discussions/meetings and prepare English report
• Knowing German is an advantage
• Excellent organisational skills
• Excellent in MS Word
• Professional Skills in MS Excel and Power Point
• Excellent communication skills
• Excellent written and presentation skills
• Excellent listening skills
• Strong negotiation skills
• Experience of public speaking
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and ability to work collaboratively
• Ability to understand and analyse data and produce coherent reports to present to senior management
• Ability to work on own initiative and to deadlines
• Ability to work as part of a team
• Ability to present in formation to groups as well as individuals
• Strong problem resolution skills
• Strong managerial abilities
• At least 3 year experience in Business Consulting or In-house Consulting or 5 years in an in-line organization with similar responsibilities
• At least 10 project (>5 team members, >250.000 USD) succesfully managed
• Experience in at least five different private and state owned companies as an external consultant
• High responsible
• Open, willing to collaborate
• Innovative and dynamic
• Capacity to work under pressure to tight deadlines
• Willingness to spend periods away from home (overnights) and to work some unsocial hours (evenings and weekends)
• OCEB 2.0 Certification (at least fundamental)
Interested candidates should submit their application (in English) that includes the following in a single PDF to Dr. Mathias Neukirchen at his email: mathias.neukirchen(at)vgu.edu.vn
• Cover letter expressing your interest and ability to fill the position.
• Curriculum Vitae with photo.
• Scans of certificates of attained university degrees, additional training and qualifications.
• Proofs of English language proficiency and quantitative skills (e.g. IELTS, TOEFL or similar tests)
• Contact details of references or references illustrating your professional career.
Please include the reference number of this position when applying: 2017-ERP-HP-23.