The Vietnamese-German University (VGU) is a young autonomous, research oriented, Vietnamese state university substantially financed by Germany and Vietnam. The campus of this new model university is in Binh Duong New City and by 2018 it will move to a new campus, financed by the Socialist Republic of Vietnam and a World Bank loan, in Binh Duong Province. We are striving for excellence in the fields of research and development, teaching and lifelong learning, university governance, and are heading to become a world-class institution in the South- East Asian market within the next two decades. Furthermore, VGU is designated to provide capacity building measures for the entire higher education sector in Vietnam.
To support the young and growing university administration we are looking to fill the following full-time position with a qualified and experienced candidate as soon as possible to work at the various locations of VGU in Vietnam.
The main responsibilities are to implement all procurement tasks; supervise the quality of procurement and the quality of procured goods and services. This will include, but is not limited to following:
• Prepare annual procurement plans including schedules and budgets;
• Collate all related information from appropriate sources and departments, lecturers, and researchers of VGU to prepare technical specifications, TORs for goods and services to be procured;
• Conduct market research and support the Finance Unit in completing cost estimates;
• Prepare bidding related documents under the forms regulated by Vietnam's Law on Procurement and/or the WB;
• Organize bidding including the evaluation of bids, preparation of evaluation reports and other explanation reports for WB and other reports
• Perform independent appraisal reports on Bidding Documents and Bids of other units;
• Prepare and check contracts before being signed by VGU's authorized person;
• Follow up on contract execution and monitor the hand-over of goods, services and other work, including compliance with technical requirements, as agreed with requesters;
• Hand-over all procurement documentations to Finance Unit for payment, follow-up and filing;
• Support on management of the inventory database; ensure that goods and procurement are properly acquired and promptly recorded, and that inventories are updated;
• File, maintain all procurement records and make these available for World Bank's supervision, the examination of project auditors and other public parties;
• Document all activities under the forms available on the Intranet, contributing to the development of anti-fraud and anti-corruption policies and the development of internal procurement processes;
• Perform tasks assigned by the team leader, Project Manager and Director.
• At least 3 year experience in bidding, project management;
• Holding a Bachelor/ Engineer degree in related fields. Master's degree is a plus;
• Having a comprehensive understanding of the Law on Procurement and bidding regulations in the public sectors of Vietnam;
• Professional experience in the WB's Guidelines on Procurement and Consulting Services;
• Experience in Higher Education would be an asset;
• Fluency in English and Vietnamese at work;
• Good negotiation and communication skills;
• Ability in planning and organization, time management, working individually or in a team; having good attitude to learning;
• Having high professional levels of ethics, honesty, fairness, and a sense of discipline and law observance.
What we offer
The successful applicant will work on a full-time position, initially fixed for 1 year with the option to be a permanent employee if successful in that role. This post may require the employee to occasionally travel to other locations in Vietnam.
The qualification orientated, attractive salary is above sector-average.
VGU is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to the principle of fairness on all issues including gender, family or special needs. Additionally VGU supports lifelong learning of its employees by means of personnel development and training.
A daily shuttle bus will be offered for VGU staff between HCMC and Binh Duong campus.
Please submit a PDF- or Word DOC-file attachment (max. size: 5 MB) with the following documents as part of your application by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org:
1. Cover letter expressing your interest and ability to fill the position.
2. Curriculum Vitae with photo.
3. Scans of certificates of attained university degrees, additional training and qualifications.
4. Contact details of references or references illustrating your professional career.
Please include the reference number of this position when applying: 2016-VMU-HP-01.