The Vietnamese-German University (VGU) is a young autonomous, research oriented, Vietnamese state university substantially financed by Germany and Vietnam. The campus of this new model university is in Binh Duong New City and by 2018 it will move to a new campus, financed by the Socialist Republic of Vietnam and a World Bank loan, in Binh Duong Province. We are striving for excellence in the fields of research and development, teaching and lifelong learning, university governance, and are heading to become a world-class institution in the South- East Asian market within the next two decades. Furthermore, VGU is designated to provide capacity building measures for the entire higher education sector in Vietnam.
To support the young and growing university administration we are looking to fill the following full-time position with a qualified and experienced candidate as soon as possible to work at the various locations of VGU in Vietnam.
• At least 1 year of experience in inventory management or purchasing.
• At least college qualification in accounting or finance or business management
• Having a comprehensive understanding of the Law on Procurement and bidding regulations in the public sectors of Vietnam;
• Fluency in English and Vietnamese at work;
o Good negotiation and communication skills;
o Ability in planning and organization, time management, working individually or in a team; having good attitude to learning;
• Experience in Higher Education would be an asset;
• Having high professional levels of ethics, honesty, fairness, and a sense of discipline and law observance.
• Manage Request
• Procure goods / service with bidding/ without bidding following the Vietnamese and international laws or and regulations.
• Manage Delivery and Follow up Payment
• Procurement without bidding & bidding
• Inventory Management
• Manage Principle & Long Term contract
• Other tasks assigned by the Head of Finance.
Interested candidates should submit their application (in English) that includes the following in a single PDF to VGU’s Human Resource Department at firstname.lastname@example.org
• A motivation statement (one page only);
• A complete CV;
• Copy of all academic degrees;
• Abstract of the Master thesis or, if applicable, PhD thesis (200 words);
• Proofs of English language proficiency and quantitative skills (e.g. IELTS, TOEFL or similar tests);
• And, if available, academic references.
Please include the reference number of this position when applying: 2017-FA-HP-06.