The Vietnamese-German University (VGU) is a young autonomous, research oriented, Vietnamese state university substantially financed by Germany and Vietnam. The campus of this new model university is in Binh Duong New City and by 2018 it will move to a new campus, financed by the Socialist Republic of Vietnam and a World Bank loan, in Binh Duong Province. We are striving for excellence in the fields of research and development, teaching and lifelong learning, university governance, and are heading to become a world-class institution in the South- East Asian market within the next two decades. Furthermore, VGU is designated to provide capacity building measures for the entire higher education sector in Vietnam.
To support the young and growing university administration we are looking to fill the following full-time position with a qualified and experienced candidate as soon as possible to work at the various locations of VGU in Vietnam.
Planner/ Architect/ Construction Supervision
• Reporting VGU internally to Presidential Board and externally to University Council and other institutions
• Construction site supervision/ monitoring for VGU in coordination and cooperation with PMU to see if the requirements of the university are being met and implemented
• Development and implementation of user requirements into design with coordination with other parties
• Project controlling for university-interests e.g. schedule, costs, design, quality, etc.
• Support to provide technical specification and technical information from VGU’s demand side to campus designer
• Ensure the compliance with local and state laws and regulations e.g. firefighting, environmental, health and safety, labour law, house rules etc.
• Communication with internal and external stakeholders
• Preparing and training staff to manage new campus after handling over from PMU with Facility Management – main responsibility with Head of Building and Facility Management.
• Other duties
• Support Plan of space requirements and occupancy planning for New Campus in relation to current development
• Support budget and staff planning
• Implement other duties assigned by the Head of Department/ Presidential Board
Qualifications & Experience:
• Master or Bachelor with relevant working experience in the fields of Architecture, Civil Engineering, Electrical Engineering or other engineering programs
• Working experience in Civil Construction/ Architecture – preferably with big construction projects
• Minimum 05 years of progressive experience in construction
• On-site experience with contractors and supervision of construction – have to be able to see and judge quality, workmanship and know the regulations
• Have in depth knowledge about the workings of construction regulations and quality requirements and be able to see this on site
• Ability to deal with contractors on site
• Knowledge and understanding of current developments in construction, engineering and facility management
• Fluent in both oral and written English, fluently use English in discussions/meetings and prepare English report
• Knowing German is an advantage but not necessary
• Excellent in office softwares (Word, Excel, PPT,…)
• At least basic knowledge for asset management software
• Knowledge for CAD software (AutoCAD or similar) – being able to read floor plans and technical plans
• Excellent communication skills
• Excellent written and presentation skills
• Excellent listening skills
• Strong negotiation skills
• Experience of public speaking
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and ability to work collaboratively
• Ability to understand and analyse data and produce coherent reports to present to senior management
• Ability to work on own initiative and to deadlines
• Ability to work as part of a team
• Ability to present in formation to groups as well as individuals
• Strong problem resolution skills
• Strong managerial abilities
• Excellent organisational skills
• High responsible
• Open, willing to collaborate
• Innovative and dynamic
• Capacity to work under pressure to tight deadlines
• The age at which the staff members hold his/her office for the first term is not more than 55 for male and 50 for female by the month when the appointment occurs.
Interested candidates should submit their application (in English) that includes the following in a single PDF to Dr. Mathias Neukirchen at his email: mathias.neukirchen(at)vgu.edu.vn by 20/05/2017
• Curriculum Vitae with photo.
• Scans of certificates of attained university degrees, additional training and qualifications.
• Proofs of English language proficiency and quantitative skills (e.g. IELTS, TOEFL or similar tests)
• Contact details of references or references illustrating your professional career.
Please include the reference number of this position when applying: 2017-FM-HP-21.