The Vietnamese-German University (VGU) is a young autonomous, research oriented, Vietnamese state university substantially financed by Germany and Vietnam. The campus of this new model university is in Binh Duong New City and by 2018 it will move to a new campus, financed by the Socialist Republic of Vietnam and a World Bank loan, in Binh Duong Province. We are striving for excellence in the fields of research and development, teaching and lifelong learning, university governance, and are heading to become a world-class institution in the South- East Asian market within the next two decades. Furthermore, VGU is designated to provide capacity building measures for the entire higher education sector in Vietnam.
To support the young and growing university administration we are looking to fill the following full-time position in our Admin Department with a qualified and experienced candidate as soon as possible to work at the various locations of VGU in Vietnam.
Officer for University Communication
• Prepare marketing materials (brochures, articles)
• Oversee corporate design of VGU (Business cards, PPT presentations, templates etc.)
• Draft and place Vietnamese and English press articles
• Prepare TV appearance
• Initiate and hold actively contact with stakeholders and industry
• Coordinate market research activities
• Coordinate and support marketing campaigns
• Co-organize events, such as visit of high-level politicians, lecture series with industrial representatives, conferences, workshops etc.
• As assigned by the supervisor
• Bachelor in Business Administration, Marketing, Communications or a related field
• Understanding of Public Relations and Communications instruments
• Command of market research, marketing instruments and branding,
• Familiar with electronic and print media channels in Vietnam,
• Preferably good knowledge of the national and international Higher Education market
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
• Proficiency in English and Vietnamese
• Creative writing
• Secure command of Office computer programs including basic statistical analysis, manage databases
• Team work
• Pre-entry experience in PR, communications
• Experience in Marketing and Communications in education sector is highly desirable
• Professional attitude in all situations, strategic thinking, creativity, ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines, willingness to work with others to achieve shared objectives, ability to act self-confident in an international working environment
• Proven business relationship with media representatives in Vietnam
What we offer
The successful applicant will work on a full-time position, initially fixed for 1 year with the option to be a permanent employee if successful in that role. This post may require the employee to occasionally travel to other locations in Vietnam.
The qualification orientated, attractive salary is above sector-average.
The successful candidate will work in Marketing and Student Recruitment and directly report to Vice President for Academic and Student Affairs. As the business area develops, further personnel will join the team. VGU is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to the principle of fairness on all issues including gender, family or special needs. Additionally VGU supports lifelong learning of its employees by means of personnel development and training.
Please submit a PDF- or Word DOC-file attachment (max. size: 5 MB) with the following documents as part of your application by e-mail to email@example.com
1. Cover letter expressing your interest and ability to fill the position.
2. Curriculum Vitae with photo.
3. Scans of certificates of attained university degrees, additional training and qualifications.
4. Contact details of references or references illustrating your professional career.
Please include the reference number of this position when applying: 2016-SR-HP-54