The Vietnamese-German University (VGU) is a young autonomous, research oriented, Vietnamese state university substantially financed by Germany and Vietnam. The campus of this new model university is in Binh Duong New City and by 2018 it will move to a new campus, financed by the Socialist Republic of Vietnam and a World Bank loan, in Binh Duong Province. We are striving for excellence in the fields of research and development, teaching and lifelong learning, university governance, and are heading to become a world-class institution in the South- East Asian market within the next two decades. Furthermore, VGU is designated to provide capacity building measures for the entire higher education sector in Vietnam.
To support the young and growing university administration we are looking to fill the following full-time position in our AA Department with a qualified and experienced candidate as soon as possible to work at the various locations of VGU in Vietnam.
Officer for Study Program Development
The main responsibility is to coordinate the development of new study programs at VGU. In detail responsibilities are:
• Program development, coordination and management in accordance with the faculty and partner universities
• set up a framework and action plan for further curriculum development
• assist in acquisition of new partner universities, both national and international
• program management together with program coordinators
• set up effective capacity planning and controlling tool together with capacity planning officer and faculty
• set up and provide module handbooks for VGU
• establish course management and modularization
• set up a roadmap and action plan for the transition of programs from German partner universities to VGU faculty
• Work on regulations and the preparation of statistics
• Work in close cooperation with the Presidential Board, other departments of VGU, especially program coordinators and academic directors
• Be in constant exchange with the stakeholder of VGU, such as MoET and the (German) partner-universities
The candidate must hold at least a Master degree.
At least 5 years working experiences in higher education administration, preferably in Vietnam. First-hand experiences with the German or international higher education system are a plus.
Experiences in academic affairs, student affairs and/or program planning or managing.
• High expertise in University structures and regulations
• Profound knowledge of both international and national accreditation procedures
• Excellent proficiency in English and Vietnamese both written and orally
• Good German skills are a plus
• Good command in using MS Office Software, especially Excel and PowerPoint is essential. Knowledge of project management and process development software are an asset.
What we offer
The successful applicant will work on a full-time position, initially fixed for 1 year with the option to be a permanent employee if successful in that role. This post may require the employee to occasionally travel to other locations in Vietnam.
The qualification orientated, attractive salary is above sector-average.
The successful candidate will work in Academic Affairs Department and directly report to Dept Head. As the business area develops, further personnel will join the team. VGU is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to the principle of fairness on all issues including gender, family or special needs. Additionally VGU supports lifelong learning of its employees by means of personnel development and training.
Please submit a PDF- or Word DOC-file attachment (max. size: 5 MB) with the following documents as part of your application by e-mail to job(at)vgu.edu.vn:
1. Cover letter expressing your interest and ability to fill the position.
2. Curriculum Vitae with photo.
3. Scans of certificates of attained university degrees, additional training and qualifications.
4. Contact details of references or references illustrating your professional career.
Please include the reference number of this position when applying: 2017-AA-HP-16.