The Vietnamese-German University (VGU) is a young autonomous, research oriented, Vietnamese state university substantially financed by Germany and Vietnam. The campus of this new model university is in Binh Duong New City and by 2018 it will move to a new campus, financed by the Socialist Republic of Vietnam and a World Bank loan, in Binh Duong Province. We are striving for excellence in the fields of research and development, teaching and lifelong learning, university governance, and are heading to become a world-class institution in the South- East Asian market within the next two decades. Furthermore, VGU is designated to provide capacity building measures for the entire higher education sector in Vietnam.
To support the young and growing university administration we are looking to fill the following full-time position in our Admin Department with a qualified and experienced candidate as soon as possible to work at the various locations of VGU in Vietnam.
Officer for Internet and Social Media Marketing
• Develop social media strategy and plan
• Maintain VGU website, assure currency and accuracy of content and news
• Develop and expand VGU’s social media platforms
• Identify relevant content topics to reach the university’s target audience
• Promote research activities of the university via digital media
• Promote regular VGU activities and events via digital media
• Oversee corporate design of VGU’s internet presence (website, other platforms)
• Coordinate social media campaigns
• Participate in marketing campaigns (e.g. student recruitment tour)
• Manage efforts in building online reviews and transaction
• Compile reports for management showing results
• Provide analysis and recommendations for new platforms
• Bachelor in Business Administration, Marketing, Communications, Journalism, Information Management or a related field
• Understanding of Public Relations and Communications, market research, marketing instruments and branding.
• Experience in digital marketing/PR, preferably some experience in Marketing and Sales in the education sector
• In-depth knowledge and understanding of social media platform, their respective participants and how each platform can be deployed in different scenarios
• Familiar with popular social media and other electronic media channels in Vietnam,
• Working knowledge of principles of SEO including keyword research and Google Analytics. Highly knowledgeable in the principles of “Search and Social.”
• Preferably good knowledge of the national and international Higher Education market
• Proficiency in social media and online communication techniques
• Strong capability in developing creative media contents
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
• Design, photography, video making skill is a plus
• Excellent English and Vietnamese proficiency orally and in writing
• Secure command of Office computer programs including basic statistical analysis, manage databases
• Team work
• Professional attitude in all situations, analytical thinking, creativity, ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines, willingness to work with others to achieve shared objectives, ability to act self-confident in an international working environment
What we offer
The successful applicant will work on a full-time position, initially fixed for 1 year with the option to be a permanent employee if successful in that role. This post may require the employee to occasionally travel to other locations in Vietnam.
The qualification orientated, attractive salary is above sector-average.
The successful candidate will work in Marketing and Student Recruitment and directly report to Vice President for Academic and Student Affairs. As the business area develops, further personnel will join the team. VGU is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to the principle of fairness on all issues including gender, family or special needs. Additionally VGU supports lifelong learning of its employees by means of personnel development and training.
Please submit a PDF- or Word DOC-file attachment (max. size: 5 MB) with the following documents as part of your application by e-mail to job(at)vgu.edu.vn.
1. Cover letter expressing your interest and ability to fill the position.
2. Curriculum Vitae with photo.
3. Scans of certificates of attained university degrees, additional training and qualifications.
4. Contact details of references or references illustrating your professional career.
Please include the reference number of this position when applying: 2017-MSR-HP-11