The Vietnamese-German University (VGU) is a young autonomous, research oriented, Vietnamese state university substantially financed by Germany and Vietnam. The campus of this new model university is in Binh Duong New City and by 2018 it will move to a new campus, financed by the Socialist Republic of Vietnam and a World Bank loan, in Binh Duong Province. We are striving for excellence in the fields of research and development, teaching and lifelong learning, university governance, and are heading to become a world-class institution in the South- East Asian market within the next two decades. Furthermore, VGU is designated to provide capacity building measures for the entire higher education sector in Vietnam.
To support the young and growing university administration we are looking to fill the following full-time position in our Admin Department with a qualified and experienced candidate as soon as possible to work at the various locations of VGU in Vietnam.
Junior Project Manager
• Assist in implementing a Business Process Management within the line organization of VGU administration.
• Assist process standardization and development of rules and regulations.
• Analyze, model and develop best-practice processes.
• Assist Project Managers with their works, e.g. support preparing presentation, trainings, etc.
• Arrange project documentation on the recommendation and specification of the owner and ensure that specifications are met.
• Take on other ad hoc responsibilities that may be assigned from time to time.
Qualifications & Experience:
• University degree in business administration, economics or related fields. Master degree would be desirable.
• At least 1 year of working experience in similar position.
• Experience in Traditional and Agile Project Management, Quality Management and Business Process Management.
• Experience in MS Office.
• Fluently speaking and writing in English and Vietnamese. Basic knowledge of German would be desirable.
• Strong interpersonal skills to gain cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including senior management, team members and other departments.
• Strong organizational, analytical and problem solving skills.
• Ability to react to project adjustments and alterations promptly and efficiently.
What we offer
The successful applicant will work on a full-time position, initially fixed for 1 year with the option to be a permanent employee if successful in that role. This post may require the employee to occasionally travel to other locations in Vietnam.
The qualification orientated, attractive salary is above sector-average.
Please submit a PDF- or Word DOC-file attachment (max. size: 5 MB) with the following documents as part of your application by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org:
1. Cover letter expressing your interest and ability to fill the position.
2. Curriculum Vitae with photo.
3. Scans of certificates of attained university degrees, additional training and qualifications.
4. Contact details of references or references illustrating your professional career.
Please include the reference number of this position when applying: 2017-Admin-HP-10.