The Vietnamese-German University (VGU) is a young autonomous, research oriented, Vietnamese state university substantially financed by Germany and Vietnam. The campus of this new model university is in Binh Duong New City and by 2018 it will move to a new campus, financed by the Socialist Republic of Vietnam and a World Bank loan, in Binh Duong Province. We are striving for excellence in the fields of research and development, teaching and lifelong learning, university governance, and are heading to become a world-class institution in the South- East Asian market within the next two decades. Furthermore, VGU is designated to provide capacity building measures for the entire higher education sector in Vietnam.
To support the young and growing university administration we are looking to fill the following full-time position in our Admin area with a qualified and experienced candidate as soon as possible to work at the various locations of VGU in Vietnam.
• Provide installation, management, support and disposal for basic IT equipment such as telecommunication devices, workstations in general computer labs, scanner and peripherals used by Academic and Administrative units.
• Manage conditions and completeness of equipment of the whole universities.
• Provide installation support to ad-hoc projects and facilities, e.g. events, meeting rooms, vendor/ consultant presence in VGU.
• Maintain inventory of equipment to ensure optimal allocation and maintain inventory of users assigned with specific equipment.
• Provide general information to users or visitors about computing services provided by IT department at VGU.
• Work directly with users to resolve their problems related to accesses to any IT services. This task includes gathering information, troubleshooting, conducting research or using the knowledge base to find correct solutions for users.
• For critical issues or issues which cannot be resolved, escalate to other IT specialists or external vendors for further analysis and resolutions.
• Provide students and staff with ad-hoc services for any problems or incidents related to VGU’s infrastructure and services.
• Relevant bachelor degree is required.
• Have broad knowledge in different IT domains to support end-users is desirable.
• Minimum 1 year of experience in troubleshooting or repair IT Equipment such as Audio Visual Systems, Computer Labs, Telephony Systems in a business, institutional or educational setting.
• Good written & spoken English communication skills.
• Customer service oriented mentality.
• Ability to prioritize and multitask.
• Excellent phone etiquette.
What we offer
The successful applicant will work on a full-time position, initially fixed for 1 year with the option to be a permanent employee if successful in that role. This post may require the employee to occasionally travel to other locations in Vietnam.
The qualification orientated, attractive salary is above sector-average.
The successful candidate will work in IT Department and directly report to Head of IT. As the business area develops, further personnel will join the team. VGU is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to the principle of fairness on all issues including gender, family or special needs. Additionally VGU supports lifelong learning of its employees by means of personnel development and training.
Please submit a PDF- or Word DOC-file attachment (max. size: 5 MB) with the following documents as part of your application by e-mail to email@example.com:
1. Cover letter expressing your interest and ability to fill the position.
2. Curriculum Vitae with photo.
3. Scans of certificates of attained university degrees, additional training and qualifications.
4. Contact details of references or references illustrating your professional career.
Please include the reference number of this position when applying: 2017-IT-HP-14