The Vietnamese-German University (VGU) is a young autonomous, research oriented, Vietnamese state university substantially financed by Germany and Vietnam. The campus of this new model university is in Binh Duong New City and by 2018 it will move to a new campus, financed by the Socialist Republic of Vietnam and a World Bank loan, in Binh Duong Province. We are striving for excellence in the fields of research and development, teaching and lifelong learning, university governance, and are heading to become a world-class institution in the South- East Asian market within the next two decades. Furthermore, VGU is designated to provide capacity building measures for the entire higher education sector in Vietnam.
To support the young and growing university administration we are looking to fill the following full-time position in our AA Department with a qualified and experienced candidate as soon as possible to work at the various locations of VGU in Vietnam.
Head of Research Department
The main responsibilities are to stimulate and support research activities of VGU lecturers and students, to acquire research funding and to establish necessary research management instruments and processes and the coordination of PhD training at VGU. This will include, but is not limited to:
• Development and implementation of a research management information system at VGU
• Development and implementation of measures to stimulate and support research activities of VGU lecturers and students
• Support for acquisition of research funding and identification of appropriate funding sources
• Coordination of PhD training programs
• Collect and draft research policies and guidelines and support their implementation
• Promote research at VGU and research collaboration
• Support VGU lecturers with patent applications, professorship appointment, legal research, research forms and procedure
• Other tasks as assigned by Vice President for Research
• PhD degree
• Previous experience in ISI publication and research projects
• Native Vietnamese language + excellent English proficiency
• Proven communication and coordination skills
• Previous experience in Research management, especially at a university or research institute, is an advantage
• High Expertise in University structures and regulations
• Profound Knowledge of both international and national accreditation procedures
• Excellent proficiency in English and Vietnamese both in written and orally
• Experience in managing and motivating teams; ability of creating a constructive team atmosphere with result-oriented working spirit
• Good command in using MS Office Software, especially Excel and PowerPoint is essential. Knowledge of project management and process development software are an asset.
What we offer
The successful applicant will work on a full-time position, initially fixed for 1 year with the option to be a permanent employee if successful in that role. This post may require the employee to occasionally travel to other locations in Vietnam.
The qualification orientated, attractive salary is above sector-average.
The successful candidate will work in Research Department and directly report to Vice President for Research. As the business area develops, further personnel will join the team. VGU is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to the principle of fairness on all issues including gender, family or special needs. Additionally VGU supports lifelong learning of its employees by means of personnel development and training.
Please submit a PDF- or Word DOC-file attachment (max. size: 5 MB) with the following documents as part of your application by e-mail to job(at)vgu.edu.vn:
1. Cover letter expressing your interest and ability to fill the position.
2. Curriculum Vitae with photo.
3. Scans of certificates of attained university degrees, additional training and qualifications.
4. Contact details of references or references illustrating your professional career.
Please include the reference number of this position when applying: 2017-Admin-HP-15