The Vietnamese-German University (VGU) is a young autonomous, research oriented, Vietnamese state university substantially financed by Germany and Vietnam. The campus of this new model university is in Binh Duong New City and by 2018 it will move to a new campus, financed by the Socialist Republic of Vietnam and a World Bank loan, in Binh Duong Province. We are striving for excellence in the fields of research and development, teaching and lifelong learning, university governance, and are heading to become a world-class institution in the South- East Asian market within the next two decades. Furthermore, VGU is designated to provide capacity building measures for the entire higher education sector in Vietnam.
To support the young and growing university administration we are looking to fill the following full-time position in our Administration area with a qualified and experienced candidate as soon as possible to work at the various locations of VGU in Vietnam.
Head of Marketing and Student Recruitment
• Develop and implement a branding strategy for VGU
• Design and implement the marketing and student recruitment process
• Set up marketing and sales strategies for each single program in cooperation with program coordinators and student recruitment
• Initiate market research
• Manage and maintain positive relationships with authorities and media partners.
• Establish and regularly monitor VGU’s internet appearance
• Guide the establishment and regular filling of social media channels
• Lead marketing and social media campaigns
• Actively maintain contact with high schools, HEIs and industry
• Prepare TV appearance
• Revise corporate identity and corporate design of VGU (Website, Business cards, PPT-presentations, templates etc.)
• Deploy and guide marketing and student recruitment staff in their respective functions
• Planning and monitoring of the marketing budget
• Master in Business Administration, Marketing, Communication or a related field
• In-depth knowledge of Marketing and Communications, market research, marketing instruments and branding, electronic and print media channels in Vietnam, preferably good knowledge of the national and international Higher Education market
• Excellent communication and presentation skills, excellent English and Vietnamese proficiency orally and in writing, secure command of Office computer programs including basic statistical analysis, team work and leadership skills, familiarity with the Internet, databases and social networking platforms
• Several years of experience in Marketing or Communication, preferably some experience in Marketing and Sales in the education sector
• Professional attitude in all situations, strategic thinking, creativity, ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines, willingness to work with others to achieve shared objectives
• Proven business relationships with key media representatives in Vietnam
• Ability to act self-confident in an international working environment
What we offer
The successful applicant will work on a full-time position, initially fixed for 1 year with the option to be a permanent employee if successful in that role. This post may require the employee to occasionally travel to other locations in Vietnam.
The qualification orientated, attractive salary is above sector-average.
The successful candidate will work in Marketing and Student Recruitment and directly report to Vice President for Academic and Student Affairs. As the business area develops, further personnel will join the team. VGU is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to the principle of fairness on all issues including gender, family or special needs. Additionally VGU supports lifelong learning of its employees by means of personnel development and training.
Please submit a PDF- or Word DOC-file attachment (max. size: 5 MB) with the following documents as part of your application by e-mail to job(at)vgu.edu.vn.
1. Cover letter expressing your interest and ability to fill the position.
2. Curriculum Vitae with photo.
3. Scans of certificates of attained university degrees, additional training and qualifications.
4. Contact details of references or references illustrating your professional career.
Please include the reference number of this position when applying: 2017-MSR-HP-13