The Vietnamese-German University (VGU) is a young autonomous, research oriented, Vietnamese state university substantially financed by Germany and Vietnam. The campus of this new model university is in Binh Duong New City and by 2018 it will move to a new campus, financed by the Socialist Republic of Vietnam and a World Bank loan, in Binh Duong Province. We are striving for excellence in the fields of research and development, teaching and lifelong learning, university governance, and are heading to become a world-class institution in the South- East Asian market within the next two decades. Furthermore, VGU is designated to provide capacity building measures for the entire higher education sector in Vietnam.
To support the young and growing university administration we are looking to fill the following full-time position in our Admin Department with a qualified and experienced candidate as soon as possible to work at the various locations of VGU in Vietnam.
• Prepare event planning (target, action, timeline, budget, personnel requirements and responsibilities, etc.)
• Support the planning of specific events conducted by various departments (academic conferences, etc.)
• Liaise with external stakeholders, partners and clients (if any)
• Coordinate event production
• Follow event onsite preparation
• Ensure legal, health and safety compliance
• Report event planning and production status
• Cooperate in promoting events
• Handle arising issues during event run
• Provide evaluation report after event run regarding outreach and influence
• Conduct market research for event opportunities and stimulate interest
• Participate in marketing/student recruitment/PR activities
• Bachelor in Business Administration, Marketing, Communications, Hospitality or a related field
• Experience in event planning and coordinating – candidates should provide a list of (co-)organized events
• Some involvement in higher education is a plus
• Knowledge in marketing, communications, PR, market research, marketing instruments and branding
• Excellent organizational and time management skills
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
• Negotiation and sales skills
• Good English and Vietnamese language proficiency orally and in writing
• Secure command of Office computer programs
• Work in team and individually, ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects
• Professional attitude, analytical thinking, creativity, ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines, willingness to work with others to achieve shared objectives, ability to act self-confident in an international working environment.
What we offer
The successful applicant will work on a full-time position, initially fixed for 1 year with the option to be a permanent employee if successful in that role. This post may require the employee to occasionally travel to other locations in Vietnam.
The qualification orientated, attractive salary is above sector-average.
The successful candidate will work in Marketing and Student Recruitment and directly report to Vice President for Academic and Student Affairs. As the business area develops, further personnel will join the team. VGU is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to the principle of fairness on all issues including gender, family or special needs. Additionally VGU supports lifelong learning of its employees by means of personnel development and training.
Please submit a PDF- or Word DOC-file attachment (max. size: 5 MB) with the following documents as part of your application by e-mail to email@example.com.
1. Cover letter expressing your interest and ability to fill the position.
2. Curriculum Vitae with photo.
3. Scans of certificates of attained university degrees, additional training and qualifications.
4. Contact details of references or references illustrating your professional career.
Please include the reference number of this position when applying: 2017-MSR-HP-12