The Vietnamese-German University (VGU) is a young autonomous, research oriented, Vietnamese state university substantially financed by Germany and Vietnam. The campus of this new model university is in Binh Duong New City and by 2018 it will move to a new campus, financed by the Socialist Republic of Vietnam and a World Bank loan, in Binh Duong Province. We are striving for excellence in the fields of research and development, teaching and lifelong learning, university governance, and are heading to become a world-class institution in the South- East Asian market within the next two decades. Furthermore, VGU is designated to provide capacity building measures for the entire higher education sector in Vietnam.
To support the young and growing university administration we are looking to fill the following full-time position in our Student Affairs Department with a qualified and experienced candidate as soon as possible to work at the various locations of VGU in Vietnam.
DEPUTY HEAD OF STUDENT AFFAIRS DEPARTMENT
Be responsible in management and operation the student affairs departmenton following tasks:
1. To implement the legal regulations of the government and the Charter, Regulation of the Ministry of Education and Training and the Vietnamese-German University about the student affairs.
2. To deploy the propaganda activities at important events of the country and of the VGU. To find out students’ wishes and to timely solve student’s questions via conversations and other information channels.
3. To coordinate with relevant agencies to organize activities to practice ethical behavior, lifestyle and culture for students, facilitate students participating in clubs, cultural activities, arts, sports and other recreational healthy activities.
4. To implement admitted students acceptance activities to the VGU, to check the input and manage the enrollment records for all study programs.
5. To coordinate with relevant agencies in students management during their study at the VGU.
6. To coordinate with competent authorities in managing the stay-in and stay-out students to implement the health care and insurance activities for students and staffs.
7. To timely and accurately implement student policies such as scholarships, social allowance, hardship allowance, tuition fee exemption, etc…
8. To formulate a list of students whom stop their studies, defer and then continue their studies upon periods and learners’ request to submit to the President for consideration, approval and decision;
9. To coordinate with the university’s units to organize the Opening Ceremony for the new academic year, the Graduation ceremony to hand degrees to students.
10. To implement the student award, punishment policy in accordance with current regulations.
11. To perfectly implement the career orientation and job counseling, soft skills equipping for students. To survey graduates’ jobs in order to serve the training more practically.
12. To coordinate in international students management.
13. To coordinate with the Academic Affairs in collecting students’ feedback during their studies and after graduation;
14. To formulate and manage a contact database of alumni;
15. To perform other tasks as directed by the Presidential Board.
- Working experiences:
• Master degree in the fields of Educational Management;
• At least 3 years working experiences in management positions of higher education administration, preferably in Vietnam; first-hand experiences with the German higher education system are plus;
• Experience in managing and motivating teams;
• Strong leadership skills;
• Experiences in student affairs;
• Excellent proficiency in English both in written and orally; proficiency in German is a plus;
• Good writing skills and manners of expression;
• Good command in using MS Office Software.
What we offer
The successful applicant will work on a full-time position, initially fixed for 1 year with the option to be a permanent employee if successful in that role. This post may require the employee to occasionally travel to other locations in Vietnam.
The qualification orientated, attractive salary is above sector-average.
The successful candidate will work in Student Affairs Department and directly report to Dept Head. As the business area develops, further personnel will join the team. VGU is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to the principle of fairness on all issues including gender, family or special needs. Additionally VGU supports lifelong learning of its employees by means of personnel development and training.
Please submit a PDF- or Word DOC-file attachment (max. size: 5 MB) with the following documents as part of your application by e-mail to job(at)vgu.edu.vn:
1. Cover letter expressing your interest and ability to fill the position.
2. Curriculum Vitae with photo.
3. Scans of certificates of attained university degrees, additional training and qualifications.
4. Contact details of references or references illustrating your professional career.
Please include the reference number of this position when applying: 2017-SAO-HP-18.