The Vietnamese-German University (VGU) is a young autonomous, research oriented, Vietnamese state university substantially financed by Germany and Vietnam. The campus of this new model university is in Binh Duong New City and by 2018 it will move to a new campus, financed by the Socialist Republic of Vietnam and a World Bank loan, in Binh Duong Province. We are striving for excellence in the fields of research and development, teaching and lifelong learning, university governance, and are heading to become a world-class institution in the South- East Asian market within the next two decades. Furthermore, VGU is designated to provide capacity building measures for the entire higher education sector in Vietnam.
To support the young and growing university administration we are looking to fill the following full-time position in our AA Department with a qualified and experienced candidate as soon as possible to work at the various locations of VGU in Vietnam.
Deputy Head of Academic Affairs
The main responsibilities are to manage tasks of the department of Academic Affairs self-responsibly, and deputize for the Head of Department also at her absence. Depending on the professional background of the candidate, the Deputy Head of Department will also be working self-responsibly for assigned areas in certain fields of Academic Affairs such as:
• Program development, coordination and management (framework for curriculum development, acquisition of new partner universities, program management together with program coordinators, course management, modularization, Vietnamization)
• Work in close cooperation with the management board, other departments of VGU and external experts and consultants. Be in constant exchange with the stakeholder of VGU such as MoET and the German partner-universities and consider their ideas and requirements in the planning.
• Foster strategic partnerships with excellent national and international universities
• Increase internalization of VGU’s student body and set up appropriate strategy
• Quality management and accreditation;
• Examination and scholarship office;
• Process management
• Capacity and lecturer planning and controlling;
• Support development of state-of-the-art campus management system, together with IT Department
• Work on regulations and statistics
The candidate should hold a PhD degree, and must hold at least a Master degree. In exceptional cases the PhD can be equivalent to a wide professional experience in the Higher Education Management. A university degree in the fields of Educational Management is an advantage.
• At least 5 years working experiences in management positions for higher education administration, preferably in Vietnam. First-hand experiences with the German or International higher education system are a plus.
• Experiences in academic affairs, student affairs and/or strategic university development.
• High Expertise in University structures and regulations
• Profound Knowledge of both international and national accreditation procedures
• Excellent proficiency in English and Vietnamese both in written and orally
• Experience in managing and motivating teams; ability of creating a constructive team atmosphere with result-oriented working spirit
• Good command in using MS Office Software, especially Excel and PowerPoint is essential. Knowledge of project management and process development software are an asset.
What we offer
The successful applicant will work on a full-time position, initially fixed for 1 year with the option to be a permanent employee if successful in that role. This post may require the employee to occasionally travel to other locations in Vietnam.
The qualification orientated, attractive salary is above sector-average.
The successful candidate will work in Academic Affairs Department and directly report to Dept Head. As the business area develops, further personnel will join the team. VGU is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to the principle of fairness on all issues including gender, family or special needs. Additionally VGU supports lifelong learning of its employees by means of personnel development and training.
Please submit a PDF- or Word DOC-file attachment (max. size: 5 MB) with the following documents as part of your application by e-mail to job(at)vgu.edu.vn:
1. Cover letter expressing your interest and ability to fill the position.
2. Curriculum Vitae with photo.
3. Scans of certificates of attained university degrees, additional training and qualifications.
4. Contact details of references or references illustrating your professional career.
Please include the reference number of this position when applying: 2017-AA-HP-17.