The Vietnamese-German University (VGU) is a young autonomous, research oriented, Vietnamese state university substantially financed by Germany and Vietnam. The campus of this new model university is in Binh Duong New City and by 2018 it will move to a new campus, financed by the Socialist Republic of Vietnam and a World Bank loan, in Binh Duong Province. We are striving for excellence in the fields of research and development, teaching and lifelong learning, university governance, and are heading to become a world-class institution in the South- East Asian market within the next two decades. Furthermore, VGU is designated to provide capacity building measures for the entire higher education sector in Vietnam.
To support the young and growing university administration we are looking to fill the following full-time position with a qualified and experienced candidate as soon as possible to work at the various locations of VGU in Vietnam.
Application Team Leader
Reporting to the Head of IT, the duties and responsibilities of the Application Team Leader include:
• Guide team development efforts towards successful project delivery.
• Provide technical leadership to teammates through coaching and mentorship
• Maintain high standards of software quality within the team by establishing good practices and habits.
• Identify and encourage areas for growth and improvement within the team.
• Prepare reports, manuals and other documentation on the status, operation and maintenance of software.
• In charge of technical requirement part in software bidding document development.
- Oversight of Application Deployment
• Propose the best software solutions for VGU based on the requirements of management.
• Ensure the proper installation of licensed software on VGU equipment.
• Collaborate with other software developers, business analysts and software architects to plan, design, develop, test, and maintain web and desktop based business applications.
• Assist in the collection and documentation of user's requirements, development of user stories, estimates and work plans.
- Oversight of Application Maintenance & Monitoring
• Ensure the creation and maintenance of appropriate quality technical documentation for all hardware and software deployed by VGU.
• Undertake a periodic assessment of the software installed on VGU systems and identify those instances of unlicensed software within the system.
• Analyze and resolve technical and application problems.
• Provide third-level support to business users.
- Data and Application Change Management
• Define evaluation criteria for new design models.
• Approve the design models and arrange for execution.
• Develop, refine, and tune integrations between applications.
- Access Management
• Identify and validate access to applications/ data defined as of restricted access.
• Manage administration aspects of users of development, maintenance and operation of applications.
o Minimum 5 years of experience in deploying, monitoring and maintaining enterprise applications platforms.
o Experience with the VGU’s key information systems such as Campus Management System or Learning Management System is desirable.
o Proficient with Microsoft .NET and PHP development.
o Excellent in written & spoken English communication skills.
o Strong communication skills with both internal team members and external business stakeholders.
o Internally motivated, able to work proficiently both independently and in a team environment.
o Strong initiative to find ways to improve solutions, systems, and processes.
o Excellent personal organization and ability to priorities and carry out multiple tasks.
o Able to influence and drive projects to meet key milestones and overcome challenges.
o Comfortable working without routine supervision.
Please submit a PDF- or Word DOC-file attachment (max. size: 5 MB) with the following documents as part of your application by e-mail to email@example.com.
• Cover letter expressing your interest and ability to fill the position.
• Curriculum Vitae with photo.
• Scans of certificates of attained university degrees, additional training and qualifications.
• Contact details of references or references illustrating your professional career.
Please include the reference number of this position when applying: 2017-IT-HP-19.