The Vietnamese-German University (VGU) is a young autonomous, research oriented, Vietnamese state university substantially financed by Germany and Vietnam. The campus of this new model university is in Binh Duong New City and by 2018 it will move to a new campus, financed by the Socialist Republic of Vietnam and a World Bank loan, in Binh Duong Province. We are striving for excellence in the fields of research and development, teaching and lifelong learning, university governance, and are heading to become a world-class institution in the South- East Asian market within the next two decades. Furthermore, VGU is designated to provide capacity building measures for the entire higher education sector in Vietnam.
To support the young and growing university administration we are looking to fill the following full-time position with a qualified and experienced candidate as soon as possible to work at the various locations of VGU in Vietnam.
Lab Technician in Machining and Metallurgy
This position will perform the following essential tasks:
Prepare/set up CNC Machines and Metallurgy Lab for students as requested by faculty;
Assist faculty and students with the operation of Metallurgy devices;
Maintain, repair, and troubleshoot machining and CNC lab equipment for optimal performance; Ensure the security of the machining and CNC labs, lab equipment and classrooms;
Supervise lab activities to ensure compliance with established machining and CNC lab rules and guidelines;
Assist faculty in setting up and coordinating tests and exams.
• Requirements: This position requires at least a degree of Bachelor in Manufacturing/Mechanical/Materials Technologies with emphasis in Machining and Materials Science or a closely related field with a minimum of 6 to 12 months experience. Knowledge and experience in using Metallurgy Equipment is an advantage.
• Knowledge, Skills & Abilities: Applicants must be able to relate and work with faculty and students individually and in groups; exercise good judgment and communicate in English effectively both orally and written; have strong organizational skills and ability to work in a multi-task environment and maintain positive customer relations; be able to supervise students in a lab environment; must have machining knowledge and skills. Applicants must maintain and repair devices and equipment, as well as, demonstrate tool functions and safety procedures for machines.
What we offer:
The successful applicant will work on a full-time position, initially fixed for 1 year with the option to be a permanent employee if successful in that role.
The qualification orientated, attractive salary is above sector-average.
The successful candidate will work in Global Production Engineering Management (GPEM) and directly report to the Coordinator for this Program. As the business area develops, further personnel will join the team. VGU is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to the principle of fairness on all issues including gender, family or special needs. Additionally VGU supports lifelong learning of its employees by means of personnel development and training.
A daily shuttle bus will be offered for VGU staff between HCMC and Binh Duong campus.
Please submit a PDF- or Word DOC-file attachment (max. size: 5 MB) with the following documents as part of your application by e-mail not later than October 20th 2015:
1. Cover letter expressing your interest and ability to fill the position.
2. Curriculum Vitae with photo.
3. Scans of certificates of attained university degrees, additional training and qualifications.
4. Contact details of references or references illustrating your professional career.
Please include the reference number of this position when applying: 2015-AA-HP-47.