The Vietnamese-German University (VGU) is a young autonomous, research oriented, Vietnamese state university substantially financed by Germany and Vietnam. The campus of this new model university is in Binh Duong New City and by 2018 it will move to a new campus, financed by the Socialist Republic of Vietnam and a World Bank loan, in Binh Duong Province. We are striving for excellence in the fields of research and development, teaching and lifelong learning, university governance, and are heading to become a world-class institution in the South- East Asian market within the next two decades.
Furthermore, VGU is designated to provide capacity building measures for the entire higher education sector in Vietnam.
To support the young and growing university administration we are looking to fill the following full-time position with a qualified and experienced candidate as soon as possible to work at the various locations of VGU in Vietnam.
Research and Teaching Assistant for Sustainable Manufacturing and Design for Economic Manufacturing
The successful applicant will be associated with the Bachelor Program Mechanical Engineering (ME), a collaborative project between VGU, Ruhr-University Bochum, Germany, and Otto von Guericke University Magdeburg, Germany, and the Master Program Global Production Engineering and Management (GPEM), a collaborative project between VGU and Technical University of Berlin, Germany. The successful applicant is expected to support the faculty members in research and teaching in the two study programs.
Main Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
• Teaching activities (35%); supporting the lectures in Manufacturing Processes of Wind Turbines, Machine Elements, Production Projects and Mechanics by preparing lecture material (scripts, slides), preparing and giving exercises, preparing and offering review books, serving as first contact for students' questions for the named lectures.
• Research activities (45%); supporting research by organizing, reviewing and summarizing literature, by design for economic manufacturing, by sustainable manufacturing processes, by production planning, by systematic production development, by writing reports, journal publications and research proposals.
• Administrative tasks (20%); supporting the coordination and management of the DeVie research project, coordinating related classes and module descriptions, improving the website, organizing filing systems, supporting workshops, seminars and conferences.
Master Degree in Mechanical/Manufacturing or Industrial Engineering.
- Working experiences:
• Good knowledge in Design and Manufacturing processes, Material Science, Production planning, Production Complexity, Sustainable and economic manufacturing processes;
• Experience in teaching support is preferable;
• Knowledge and experience in renewable energies, especially wind energy, is preferable.
• Ability to work independently, systematically and in a practice-oriented manner;
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
What we offer
The successful applicant will work on a full-time position, initially fixed for 1 year with the option to be a permanent employee if successful in that role. This post may require the employee to occasionally travel to other locations in Vietnam.
The qualification orientated, attractive salary is above sector-average.
The successful candidate will work in the Faculty of Engineering and is associated with the study program Mechatronics and Sensor Systems Technology. He or she will be supervised by and reports to the coordinator of this study program. VGU is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to the principle of fairness on all issues including gender, family or special needs. Additionally VGU supports lifelong learning of its employees by means of personnel development and training.
Interested candidates should submit their application (in English) that includes the following in a single PDF to VGU’s Human Resource Department at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Cover letter expressing your interest and ability to fill the position.
• Curriculum Vitae with photo.
• Scans of certificates of attained university degrees, additional training and qualifications.
• Proofs of English language proficiency and quantitative skills (e.g. IELTS, TOEFL or similar tests)
• Contact details of references or references illustrating your professional career.
Please include the reference number of this position when applying: 2017-AA-HP-03.